• RIBBON CUTTING: Johnny Brusco's New York Style Pizza celebrates its grand opening with a ribbon cutting at 10 a.m. at the restaurant, 129 Gateway Blvd., Mooresville. Details: www.johnnybruscos.com or 704-799-9261.
• JOB FAIR: The Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce hosts an off-site job fair for the new Sam’s Club in Mooresville 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. at the chamber’s office, 19900 W. Catawba Ave., Cornelius. Details: www.samsclub.com/careers.
• BUSINESS NETWORKING: The Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce holds a Business After Hours networking event 5:30-7 p.m. at the TownePlace Suites, 139 Gateway Blvd., Mooresville. Details: www.lakenormanchamber.org.
• SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA: The Davidson College Symphony Orchestra performs a free concert featuring student winners of its concerto competition at 7:30 p.m. in the college’s Duke Family Performance Hall, 207 Faculty Drive, Davidson. They will perform works by Scriabin, Donizetti, Mozart and Beethoven, as well as Borodin’s Polovtsian Dances from Prince Igor. Details: 704-894-2848.
• ARTS & CRAFTS: Mt. Zion United Methodist Church holds a Christmas Extravaganza featuring more than 30 regional artists and crafters 11 a.m.- 7 p.m. at the church, 19600 Zion St., Cornelius. The “Zion Café” will serve breakfast, lunch and snacks. Children can get photos with Santa 4-7 p.m.
• ETHICS LECTURE: Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Margaret Edson presents a lecture, “Our Stories, Our Selves: Ethical Communication in Medicine,” at 7 p.m. in Davidson College’s Alvarez College Union Smith 900 Room, 207 Faculty Drive, Davidson. Details: 704-894-2095.
• CHILDREN’S CRAFTS: Di Partridge instructs children on using acrylics, canvas and easels to create art in Crafty Saturday: Thankful 10 a.m.-noon at Sanctuary of Davidson, 108 S. Main St., Davidson. The class costs $25. Register in advance. Details: www.sanctuaryofdavidson.com or 704-892-0044.
• COLLEGE FOOTBALL: Davidson College plays Campbell in college football action at 1 p.m. at Richardson Stadium, 201 Faculty Drive, Davidson. Tickets range $6-$12. Details: www.davidsonwildcats.com.
• OPEN HOUSE: Christ the King Catholic High School hosts an open house for potential students and their families 1-3 p.m. at the school, 2011 Crusader Way, Huntersville.
• IMPROV SHOW: The Chuckleheads star in The Sittin’ at the Kids Table Comedy Improv Musical Variety Extravaganza at 6 and 8 p.m. at the Warehouse Performing Arts Center, 9216 Westmoreland Road, Cornelius. The 6 p.m. show will be family friendly. The 8 p.m. show could contain some adult language and situations. Tickets cost $10 at www.planetimprov.com or $15 when bought at the door. Details: Scott Pacitti, www.planetimprov.com or 704-301-1564.
• BENEFIT DINNER: xD Elite Cheer owner Ashley Loomis and Absolutely Fabulous Salon owner Kristy Melton host a spaghetti dinner and clothing drive 4-7 p.m. at Mount Pleasant Methodist Church, 4136 Mt. Pleasant Road, Sherrills Ford. Tickets cost $10 for adults and $8 for children. Each dinner includes spaghetti, salad, roll and dessert.
• CHRISTMAS BAZAAR: St. Mark Catholic hosts a Christmas Bazaar 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. at the church, 14750 Stumptown Road, Huntersville. The bazaar features more than 60 booths, raffles, a bake sale, pony rides and a shopping area for children. Admission costs $1. The first 500 customers receive a goody bag.
• GUNS AND HOSES FOOTBALL: The Statesville Police and Fire Departments face off in the fifth annual Guns and Hoses football game at 4 p.m. at Statesville High School, 474 N. Center St., Statesville. Preceding the game, the North and South Iredell Youth Athletic Leagues compete in the first annual Anti-Bullying Bowl at 1:30 p.m. Tickets cost $5 in advance and $7 at the door. Buy them through Dove House at 704-883-9814 or the American Red Cross at 704-664-2500.
• ARTS AND CRAFTS SHOW: Mt. Zion United Methodist holds a Christmas Extravaganza 8 a.m.-3 p.m. at the church, 19600 Zion St., Cornelius. The event features more than 30 regional artists and crafters. The “Zion Café” will serve breakfast, lunch and snacks. Children can get photos with Santa 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
• THANKSGIVING SERVICE: Pastors from area churches lead the Cornelius Community Thanksgiving service at 7 p.m. at Mt. Zion United Methodist Church, 19600 Zion Ave., Cornelius. The Rev. Roger Head, of First Baptist Church-Cornelius, will preach and a combined choir from area churches will sing.
• HOLIDAY BAZAAR: Hopewell Presbyterian hosts a holiday bazaar 8 a.m.-noon with breakfast at 7:30 a.m. at the church, 10500 Beatties Ford Road, Huntersville. The silent auction will have more than 250 items. The Senior High Youth will have a “Trash and Treasure” room upstairs from the bazaar.
• BINGO: Seniors play Gift for a Gift Bingo at 10:30 a.m. at the South Iredell Senior Center, 202 N. Church St., Mooresville. Bring a new household item valued at least $1 for the bingo prize table (no business logos). Bring a favorite refreshment to share.
• HEALTH CHECKS: Lake Norman Regional Medical Center provides free cholesterol and blood sugar checks 1-2 p.m. at South Iredell Senior Center, 202 N. Church St., Mooresville. No appointment needed.
• CHRISTMAS PARADE: The 69th Annual Mooresville Christmas Parade takes place at 3 p.m. starting at the intersection of Statesville Avenue and Main Street. The parade moves down Main Street and ends past Wilson Avenue at Merino’s Home Furnishings. Details: email@example.com.
• BUSINESS NETWORKING: The Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce holds a meet and greet with staff and board members 5:30-7 p.m. at Country Inn & Suites, 16617 Statesville Road, Huntersville. Details: www.lakenormanchamber.org.
• RIBBON CUTTING: Simplicity Interiors hosts a ribbon cutting 8-9 a.m. at the shop, 19801 S. Main St., Cornelius. Details: www.lakenormanchamber.org.
• THANKFUL FOR FAMILY: Children make creative artwork for family at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. at Discovery Place Kids, 105 Gilead Road, Huntersville. Admission costs $8. Details: http://huntersville.discoveryplacekids.org or 704-372-6261.
• TURKEY TROT: The eighth annual Lake Norman Turkey Trot features a 5K, 10K and the Distance Dare, in which runners run the 10K and 5K back-to-back. The 10K starts at 7:30 a.m., followed by the 5K at 9 a.m. at Gold’s Gym, 20420 W. Catawba Ave., Cornelius. Registration by Nov. 26 costs $30 for the 5K, $35 for 10K and $50 for the Distance Dare. Details: www.epicsportsmarketing.com.
• VEGETABLE STAMPING: Children paint with pumpkins, potatoes and other fruits and vegetables at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. at Discovery Place Kids, 105 Gilead Road, Huntersville. Admission costs $8. Details: http://huntersville.discoveryplacekids.org or 704-372-6261.
• 'TAWBA WALK: The arts and music festival takes place in downtown Cornelius 2-8 p.m. Festivities include a visit from Santa, carriage rides, arts and crafts and holiday shopping. The event concludes with the annual tree-lighting at the Cornelius Town Hall lawn. Details: www.cornelius.org.
• CAR SHOW: Celebrity cars from the collections of NASCAR stars as well as show-ready cars entered by area enthusiasts and car clubs will be on display 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Ingersoll Rand corporate campus on Lakeview Drive in Davidson. The event includes a silent auction, live music, local food vendors and an activity area for kids. Admission costs $5.
• ICE SKATING: NorthCross Shopping Center offers ice skating 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Nov. 20-23, as well as 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Nov. 24, at Sam Furr Road and U.S. 21 in Huntersville. Ice skating is free. Skate rentals cost $6. Skaters get a $1 discount on rentals by bringing in a canned food donation. A $2 off skate coupon is available at www.shopnorthcross.com. Proceeds benefit North Mecklenburg Animal Rescue.
• TURKEY TREATS: Children use graham crackers, marshmallows, chocolate chips and pretzels to make a turkey treat at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Nov. 23 and 2 p.m. Nov. 24 at Discovery Place Kids, 105 Gilead Road, Huntersville. Admission costs $8. Details: http://huntersville.discoveryplacekids.org or 704-372-6261.
• PLANTATION CHRISTMAS: See how Christmas was celebrated in the 1860s and meet a Victorian St. Nick 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Nov. 29-30 at Latta Plantation, 5225 Sample Road, Huntersville. Admission costs $8 for adults and $7 for seniors and students. Ages 5 and younger get in free. Details: www.lattaplantation.org or 704-875-2312.
• ART EXHIBIT: Davidson College hosts an art exhibit, “Desiring Machine,” featuring work of robot-inspired art by Paula Gaetano Adi 10 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays and noon-4 p.m. weekends Oct. 24-Dec. 13 in the Smith Gallery of the Katherine and Tom Belk Visual Arts Center, 315 N. Main St., Davidson. Details: 704-894-2519.
• PICTURES WITH SANTA: Santa will be at Concord Mills to hear from children and pose for photographs through Dec. 24 in Neighborhood 2 near Books-A-Million, 8111 Concord Mills Blvd. Santa’s hours are 11 a.m.-8p.m. Monday to Thursday with 45-minute breaks at 1 and 4:30 p.m.; 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays with breaks at 1 and 4:30 p.m.; and noon-7 p.m. on Sundays with a 15-minute break at 2:45 p.m. Santa will not be available Thanksgiving Day.
• RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL: The Carolina Renaissance Festival returns for its 20th anniversary 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Nov. 23 and Nov. 24 on a 325-acre site at N.C. 73 and Poplar Tent Road in Huntersville. The festival features 16th-century entertainment, marketplace, food and jousting. Details: www.renfestinfo.com.