Spring brings flowers, pollen and warm weather, but it also brings a bevy of road races benefiting various organizations around Lake Norman. With a race almost every weekend, there’s no reason not to get out and run.
• March 29, Carry the Jerry Basic 5k, Charlotte: www.waterisbasic.org/basic-5k/
• March 30, Lake Norman Rotary Run, Huntersville: 8:30 a.m., Registration for the 5K and 10K starts at 7:30 a.m. Pre-Race Packet Pick-up from noon-6 p.m. on Friday, March 29. Early registration costs $20-25, or $30 on race day. For more information and to register, visit www.lakenormanrotary.org/RUN2013
• March 30, Sticks & Bones 5K, 10K and Dog Jog/Walk, Charlotte: Register online until March 28. Early registration costs $30 for the 5K and $35 for the 10K. Race Day registration costs $35 for the 5K and $40 for the 10K. The Dog Jog costs $13 before March 28 and $15 on Race Day. For more information, visit http://sticksandbonesrace.racesonline.com
• April 13, Pawz Too Run 5K and 10K, Davidson: 8 a.m.-2 p.m., Village Green, downtown Davidson, part of the Running for Our Communities Race Series. For more information and to register visit www.friendsoftheanimals.net
• April 13, Charlotte Racefest Half Marathon and 10K, Charlotte: Registration for half marathon costs $55 before April 10 and $65 on Race Day. Registration for the 10K costs $40 before April 10 and $50 on Race Day.
• April 13, Pet Palooza 2K Dog Walk, Charlotte: In Independence Park at E. 7th and Hawthorne, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Admission to the festival is free. Registration for the 2K Walk costs $35. Go to www.humansocietyofcharlotte.org.
• April 20, Vac & Dash Moonlight Half Marathon & Movie, Albemarle: Registration for the 5K is $25 by April 19 and $30 on Race Day. The half-marathon costs $45 by April 19 and $50 on Race Day. Visit www.vacanddash.com for more information.
• April 20, Rural Hill Ultra Trail 5K, Huntersville: 9 a.m. Registration is $25 by April 1 and $35 after. For more information and to register go to http://ruralhill.net/ultrafivek.asp
• April 20, Elizabeth 8K Road Race, Charlotte: 8 a.m. Registration open online until April 18 or in person at the Charlotte Running Company on April 18-19. Registration costs $30 before April 19 and $35 on race day. For more information, go to http://www.elizabeth8k.com.
• April 20, Marti Estes 5K, Mooresville: 8:30 a.m. at First Presbyterian Church. All proceeds benefit the Food for Days Backpack Ministry. Registration costs $20 for adults and $10 for children younger than 18. Go to http://me5k.com/ for more information.
• April 20, Puzzle Run 5K, Concord: Benefits the Cabarrus Country Chapter of the Autism Society of N.C. Register online until April 16 and on Race Day. The Puzzle Run costs $25 and the 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk costs $15. For more information go to http://www.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=1060772.
• April 20, Bulldog Run 5K, Charlotte: 8 a.m. 5K registration costs $25 and $30 on race day. The Fun Run costs $10. For more information go to bulldog5k.racesonline.com.
• April 27, Birkdale Animal Hospital Kids Triathlon, Huntersville: 5 p.m. Registration costs $25.
• April 27, Miles for Marnie 5K, Davidson: Registration for the 5K Run/Walk is $25 before race day and $30 on race day. The Kid’s Fun Run costs $10. Go to www.marniejudefoundation.org/Events/ for more information.
• April 27, CPCC Skyline 5K Run/Walk, Charlotte: Registration costs $20 before April 23 and $25 before April 29. Race day registration costs $30. Register online at http://cpccfoundation.com/skyline/.
• April 28, University City Duathlon, Charlotte: Registration is $45 before April 26 and $55 on race day. For more information and to register go to www.universitycityduathlon.com.
• April 28, Joggin’ for Jugs 5K Run, Mooresville: Race beings at 8 a.m. The entry fee is $25. Fill out enrollment form at www.jogginforjugs.com.
• April 28, Miles for Melanoma 6.2K, Charlotte: Register online. This year, prizes will be given for the largest team, the team with the most fundraising, and the individual participant with the most fundraising.
• April 28, Sprint Triathlon, Huntersville: 8 a.m. Register online. Race costs $65 before April 25 and $70 before April 28. Details: www.hffa.com.
• May 4, 5K for Clean Air, Charlotte: Registration costs $20 by April 20 and $25 by May 3. Race day registration costs $30. A family of four can race together for $60. Go to cleanaircarolina.org for more information and to register.
• May 4, Spartan 5K Road Race, Davidson: In conjunction with Davidson Town Day, the race begins at 8:30 a.m. on the Village Green. Registration costs $25 for adults and $20 for students. After April 21 registration fees increase by $5 per participant. Go to racesonline.com to register. For more information visit csd5k.wordpress.com.
• May 10, Relay for Life, Lincolnton: This year the event will take place at Lincolnton Middle School. Go to relayforlife.org and search for Lincolnton Relay to sign up or donate. Visit jettontri.com for more information.
• May 11, Jetton Park Triathlon, Cornelius: Registration is $65 for an individual participant and $115 for a Relay Team. Online Registration closes on May 8.
• May 11, On A Mission Twilight 5K Run/Walk, Concord: Registration is $17 until April 15, $20 until May 10, and $25 on race day. Register online at sportoften.com.
• May 11, Water for People 5K Fun Run and Walk, Charlotte: Registration costs $25 before May 9 and $30 on race day. For more information and online registration visit www.ncsafewater.org/2013/01/wfp-5k-fun-run/.
• May 11, Run Wild 5K & Wild Child Fun Run, Huntersville: The 5K costs $25 and the Fun Run for kids cost $10. Go to www.facebook.com/RunWildACP.
• May 11, Our Boys 5K/10K, Concord: Registration for the 5K costs $20 before April 27 and then $25. The 10K costs $30 before April 27 and then $35. A t-shirt is guaranteed with early registration. Go to http://davidsontiming.com/category/races/ for more information about this and other local races.
• May 12, The Friends Run by Jewish Family Services, Charlotte: Registration costs $25-35 for the 5K and $10-15 for the Fun Run. Register online at friendsrun.racesonline.com.
• May 17, Right Moves for Youth Twilight Road Race and Walk, Charlotte: Entry fees range from $20-$25. For more information visit rightmovesforyouth.org.
• May 18, Second Annual Tread the Thread Twilight 5K Trail Race and Fun Run: Registration for the 5K costs $25 until April 11, $30 until May 16, and $35 on race day. The 1 Mile Fun Run costs $10 until April 11, $15 until May 16, and $20 on race day. For more information go to carolinathreadtrail.org.
• May 18, River Bound Race Series 5K/10K, Charlotte: For more information about this season’s race series, go to riverboundcharlotte.racesonline.com.
• May 18, Kiwanis Club of Lake Norman 5K, Huntersville: Registration costs $25 for adults and?$20 for youth age. Cost is $60 for families of 3 to 6 people. Race day registration costs $30. Go to http://davidsontiming.com/category/races/ for information about this and other local races.
• May 19, Birkdale Animal Hospital Kids Triathlon, Race 2, Huntersville: 2 p.m. Registration costs $25.
• May 25, Charlotte Run/Walk for Peace at Home, Charlotte: Registration costs $20 until April 15, $25 until May 12, and $30 after May 12. For more information visit www.charlottepeaceathome.com.
• June 1, Warrior Dash Carolinas, Huntersville: This obstacle course mud-race costs $55 until April 3, $60 until May 1, $65 until May 22, and $80 until May 28. Registration closes on May 28. Register online at warriordash.com. Click on locations and find Huntersville.
• June 8, Summit Solstice Race, Davidson: Part of the Summit Twilight Racing Series. There is a discount for participating in the whole series. Go to http://www.summitcoffee.com/racing-series/
• June 15, TRI Latta Triathlon, Charlotte: Registration before May 1 costs $70 for individuals and $140 for teams. Before June 12, registrations costs $75 for individuals and $150 for teams. Before June 15, cost is $80 for individuals and $160 for teams. Register online and look at the course map at www.setupevents.com.
• June 16, Birkdale Animal Hospital Kids Triathlon Series, Race 3, Huntersville: 2 p.m. Registration costs $25.
• July 3, Firecracker 5K and Family Fun Run, Charlotte: Cost for the 5K is $20 through May 31, $25 through June 17, $30 through July 2, and $35 on race day. Cost for the fun run is $10-15 a person. Go to charlottefirecracker5k.racesonline.com
• July 12, Streetlight 5K, Concord: More information will be available on www.concordnc.gov/departments/parks-recreation/road-races.
• July 13, Tri! Ballantyne, Charlotte: Registration costs $55 before June 10, $65 before July 10, and $70 on race day for individuals. For teams, cost is $85 before June 10, $95 before July 10, and $105 on race day. For more information go to setupevents.com and click on the 2013 event schedule.
• July 14, XTERRA Whitewater Trail Tri Off Road Race: Registration costs $77 through July 10. Race day registration costs $87. Race giveaways are only guaranteed to those who pre-register. For more information go to http://usnwc.org/xterra-whitewater-triathlon-2013/.
• July 21, Birkdale Animal Hospital Kids Triathlon Series, Race 4, Huntersville: 2:00 p.m. Registration costs $25. This is the final race in the series. There will be festival to follow the race.
• Aug. 31, XTERRA N.C. Fisher Farm Park 5.2 or 10 Mile Trail Run, Davidson: Cost for the 5.2 mile is $30 before Aug. 21, $35 before Aug. 30, and $40 on race day. The 10 mile is $35 before Aug. 21, $40 before Aug. 30, and $45 on race day. For more information, go to www.dirtyspokes.com/fisher-farm-park.
• Sept. 21, Run for the Green 10K, Davidson: Part of the Running for Our Communities Race Series. For more information visit www.davidsonlands.org/run-for-green-2013-save-the-date.