Begin the year on the right foot by following these tips for a healthier lifestyle.
When you quit smoking you:
• Reduce the risk of heart disease or lung cancer.
• Lower heart rate and blood pressure.
• Improve circulation and lung capacity.
• Increase the oxygen in your blood.
• Stabilize your sense of taste and smell.
• Improve your endurance for exercise.
Limit your alcohol intake
When you drink less you:
• Lower your risk of contracting liver and heart disease.
• Balance your blood pressure.
• Improve your physical fitness.
• Feel more active and motivated.
Maintaining a healthy weight will help you:
• Control blood sugar levels and reduce the risk of diabetes or a heart attack.
• Reduce tension in bones and joints.
• Increase your air intake during sleep.