• ANGELS OF 97: The Angels of 97 5K Run, Walk and Memorial Run starts at 9 a.m. March 15 at North Mecklenburg High School, 11201 Old Statesville Road, Huntersville. Registration costs $35 through race day. Details: www.Angels5K.com.
• WILL RUN FOR FOOD 5K: The Will Run For Food 5K starts at 9 a.m. March 22 at SouthLake Christian Academy, 13820 Hager’s Ferry Road, Huntersville. Registration costs $35. The event supports Second Harvest Food Bank, Homeless Boys Mission Peru, SouthLake Christian Fine Arts Booster Club and Eagles Nest Capital Campaign. Details: http://www.southlakeeagles.org.
• COLOR MY RUN 5K: The Color My Run 5K takes place at 9 a.m.-noon March 29 at Hambright Park, 2202 Hambright Road, Huntersville. Participants are drenched with colored powder at each kilometer. Registration costs $35 in advance and $50 on the day of the event. Details: www.colormyrun.com.
• SWINGING FOR SMALL BUSINESS: The Mooresville-South Iredell Chamber of Commerce holds its annual Swinging for Small Business golf outing 11 a.m.-5 p.m. April 11 at the Mooresville Municipal Golf Course off West Wilson Road in Mooresville. Registration costs $65 per golfer or $250 per four-person team. Details: 704-664-3898.
Cornelius Parks, Arts, Recreation & Culture
The office is located at 21445 Catawba Ave., Cornelius. Details: www.cornelius.org/PARC or 704-892-6031.
• COUCH-TO-5K: Jeff Heal, of Fitness Together, leads The Couch-to-5K Running Plan for ages 14 and older 6:30-7:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, March 31-May 7, at the Bailey Middle School track. Participants learn stretch techniques and progress to a 5K. Register by April 2. Registration costs $40 for residents and $46 for others.
• MEN’S BASKETBALL: Parks and recreation departments in Cornelius and Huntersville accept registration for a men’s basketball league through March 31. Games will be played at Bailey Middle School, 11900 Bailey Road, Cornelius. The season spans April 8 to June. Registration is available at the Cornelius PARC office (21445 Catawba Ave.) or Huntersville Parks and Recreation office (105 Gilead Road, third floor). Registration costs $400 per team, with an additional fee of $10 to all non-resident participants. Details: Cornelius PARC Department, 704-892-6031, ext. 188, or Huntersville Parks and Recreation, 704-766-2231.
Huntersville Parks & Recreation
Register for programs on the third floor of the administrative offices, 105 Gilead Road, Huntersville, as well as www.huntersville.org.
• ADULT BASKETBALL: Adults take a break from work to play pick-up basketball games 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Tuesdays through May 27, at Waymer Gym, 14200 Holbrooks Road, Huntersville. Court access is free.
• 3-ON-3 HOOPS: Adults play in a daylong 3-on-3 basketball tournament beginning at 8 a.m. May 31 at North Mecklenburg Park, 16131 Old Statesville Road, Huntersville. Proceeds go to Access to Success and PSB Select financial aid fund. Details: www.proskillsbasketball.com.
• OPEN GYM: Adults take advantage of free court time 6-9 p.m. Wednesdays through May 28 at Waymer Gym, 14200 Holbrooks Road, Huntersville.
• FLAG FOOTBALL: Adults play in a co-ed flag football league beginning April 10 at Huntersville Athletic Park, 11720 Verhoeff Drive, Huntersville. Register through March 28. Registration costs $450 per team (additional $10 for non-residents).
Know of more? Send recreational sports sign-ups to email@example.com.