• July 5, Firecracker 5K & Kid’s Super Soaker Dash: The race starts at 7:30 a.m. at Huntersville Family Fitness & Aquatics, 11725 Verhoeff Drive, Huntersville. The event includes a Super Soaker 100-yard dash for children ages 4-10. Details: www.hffa.com.
• July 10, River Jam Run: Run in a 3-mile or 6-mile course at 6:15 p.m. at the U.S. National Whitewater Center, 5000 Whitewater Center Pkwy., Charlotte. Advance registration costs $10 online and $15 on race day. T-shirts cost extra. Details: www.usnwc.org.
• July 12, The Lake Norman Excursion Cycle: It consists of a 5K run at 7 a.m., 100-mile and 63-mile rides at 8 a.m., 38-mile ride at 8:10 a.m. and family fun ride at 9 a.m. at Lowe’s Corporate campus, 1000 Lowe’s Blvd. Registration for the 5K costs $25, fun ride costs $10, 38- or 63-mile bike ride costs $40, and 100-mile bike ride costs $45 through July 10. Add $5 on day of event. Details: https://lakenormanrunride.racesonline.com.
• June 28, Adult Sailing Classes: Cornelius Parks, Arts, Recreation and Culture partners with North Carolina Community Sailing and Rowing to offer new two-day adult sailing classes 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. June 28-29 at Blythe Landing, 15901 N.C. 73, Huntersville. Each two-day class costs $150. Details: www.cornelius.org/parc or 704-892-6031, ext. 188.
• July 27, HFFA Kids Triathlon Series: The race begins at 2 p.m. at the Huntersville Family Fitness & Aquatics Center, 11725 Verhoeff Drive, Huntersville. Register online costs $25 in advance and $30 on race days. Registration closes three days before the event. Details: www.jonesracingcompany.com/hffa-kids-tri/
• Aug. 23, Lake Norman YMCA Sprint Triathlon: The triathlon begins at 7 a.m. at the Lake Norman YMCA, 21300 Davidson St. Participants will enjoy a 750-meter swim, a 17.8-mile bike ride and a 5K run. Details: http://www.ymcacharlotte.org/.